Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Albuquerque - Part One

For someone who can't spell, this post may be a bear if I have to type Albuquerque too many times. I'll be sure to avoid that at all costs.
Well, we're back, and it's still under 90 degrees here, that was nice to come home to. It rained some more here evidently after we left on Friday afternoon, an inch and a half total, and the yard is growing out of control like it's March. That will soon end, as it's supposed to be 97 tomorrow, and over a 100 again very soon after that.

At any rate, Friday night we drove through some snow over 7000 feet to reach Holbrook. Here are a few shots of the rim, one taken by Emily from the car, and one by me while driving (oops).




One of our first stops once in New Mexico was the Rio Grande Zoo.
Here's a polar bear.



Here are Brenna and Emily in front of the polar bear exhibit, Rachel's off to the left there.


** Insert extremely random music reference here**
This shot reminds me of that Digital Underground song from the late 80's, affectionately known as the Humpty Dance.
Anyway, one of the lines in that song goes something like "I'm dancin' around like my leg was broken". You could also insert "You look like MC Hammer on crack, Humpty".
No slight to our daughter, mind you, that's what this reminded me of.



No one told Rachel about the laws of gravity. Brenna tried very hard to duplicate this feat, but to no avail. I believe this was an attempt at a no-handed cartwheel.

Brenna did very well on this trip, there was some carrying, some strollering, and some walking. Here is a Brenna walking shot, heading to the tiger exhibit. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that this shot will clear the Committee For Tasteful Grandma Pictures.

And here are said tigers.


I alerted zoo officials of the dead kangaroo in their exhibit. No, seriously, this one was sleeping, I made sure by throwing my shoe at it (this made walking back to the parking lot a difficult chore, but it was worth it).
No, I didn't throw my shoe at a kangaroo, that would be just silly, now wouldn't it.

No comments: