Tuesday, July 05, 2011

4th Shenanigans

I don't think we could have crammed any more into our three day holiday weekend, short of calling in twisted to work today. Since neither of us drink any more, that would have been plain silly, anyway. I may add a second blog with additional pictures, but here are a few of the highlights.

We went to Emily's aunt and uncle's on Saturday and looked at the corn. Brenna was enthralled to the point of wanting me to pick and ear and hit her over the head with it. Yeah, exactly, who wouldn't want to do that. Unfortunately I forgot to pull one off in my haste whilst leaving. On the way back to the house that night we got rained on, so that was novel. Oh yes, notice how long Brenna's hair is in this picture, it got a lot shorter by the end of the weekend.




That was a fairly lame segue, but here she is getting her hair washed on the 4th before losing eight or so inches of her hair. Finally fed up with tangles, and all of the other joys that come with long hair, the small child voluntarily went to the Cut'n Corral for this trim.




Bam! Where'd all the hair go? In a plastic baggie is where it went. If we can ever wrestle it out of our child's hands, it'll get donated to Locks Of Love, or some similar charity for children that aren't hair farmers like ours.




Here's another shot of the hair, or the lack thereof. I'm sure I have a better shot of her from the back end, but I'm too damn lazy and far into this blog to look for one. Stay tuned for additional short hair pictures.



On Monday night the immediate family came over. Introducing Lilly! This is Tyler's new lady friend (man, I sound old saying it that way). Tyler told me that she's an avid gardener like myself, and she was stuck with me for longer than she probably cared. See the sheer expression of glee on my face having found someone with this similar interest.





The best dressed individual at the party was adorned before the end of the night with a Belle Of The Ball crown. Congrats John!




Thanks to a dust storm that moved in at sunset, the fireworks we were intending on watching from our backyard never happened. Determined to not let the crowd down (and another reason for winning the crown), John broke out the sparklers, pondering here if it was such a good idea to spray gasoline on the flagstone before lighting one up for our child. Aha! Another short hair picture!




The ladies in the family laid down their Pabst Blue Ribbons and picked up some sparklers for this photo op. Nice job, ladies!




And finally, before I go, I have to admit to one of the better dumb ass moments on my part in recent memory. Earlier in the weekend while Lilly and Tyler were playing the new Super Mario Brothers game on their Wii, I couldn't help but notice how Mario was constantly having to stay back for his little mushroom panted sidekick to keep up, or continually work his magic to bring the little dude back from the dead. Not noticing that Lilly was actually playing tag team with him, and was said mushroom pants, I made some rather stupid comments about how worthless the mushroom panted guy was, and what was the point of him being in the game. Oops. Back in the Nintendo days, Mario ran rampant through the obstacle courses on his own. Oh well, I can guarantee that won't be the last dumb ass thing I have to say.


Short hair.















No comments: