Thursday, June 05, 2008

Among The Living

Anyone remember this nasty thing that showed up on our doorstep this past summer? I've never screamed so much like a little girl in my life when it snapped at me. I've also never caught so much air jumping in my life.

Anyway, I don't know what it is with me and the front porch, but tonight I was coming back to the front door with a load of overflowing Wal Mart shopping bags in my hands, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted perhaps the largest spider I've ever seen outside of a zoo, following me up to the door. I'm guessing it was a juvenile tarantula, given it's size (the body was about the size of a child's rubber ball), and it's fuzziness (and no, that sure as heck didn't qualify it as "cute"). Just so you know, I'm walking my wife out the door in the morning with a broom in my hand, and will be taking no prisoners.

Since I have nothing better to do tonight, I flipped through the remainder of Beth's fabulous New Mexico pictures, and came across a few more jewels that tickled my fancy.
You can add this next picture to the Brenna nose-picking archives. She actually appears to be deep in thought about the koala she was viewing here... except for the finger up and/or near the nasal passages.

Speaking of Grandma Becky, I'll probably never be allowed back in her house after posting this, but after what Emily and I have been through lately with work (well, 99% Emily, stay tuned for more news on that next week), I had a nice chortle over this one.
I thought to myself, boy, this picture seems familiar in some shape, form, or fashion.
And then it hit me.



Ah, yes, stay young kids, stay young. Don't let the man get you down, fight the establishment, pass the pistachios.

(Check out the Art Gallery, I finally posted something new there)






1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Funny post! Brenna is still cute even when she picks her nose! ;-)

You described what we call a Wolf Spider here in TX, the suckers look like tarantulas! I'm terrified of them, that's why we have a pest control come spray our house every other month. LOL