Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Renovations

This weekend was quite a blur. We had the remainder of our carpet replaced on Saturday, and spent the rest of our time getting the front room in our house setup so I can work again on Monday.
A quick reminder of what the room I speak of looked like before. Egads.


And here it is cleaned out, with new carpet, blinds, and a paint job. I dub thee Ye Ole Lemon Room. The desk there in the corner doesn't look like much, but it took me all of four hours (and an Abita) to put together. It's a compromise from the surface area I had with my old desk, but this will keep me from leaving all of my work laying around.



And here's the room with the computers set back up. Emily has the arduous task ahead of her of dusting and sorting about a zillion books before they go back up on the bookcases that are on the opposite wall, and we still need to put up the crown moulding and a ceiling fan. Otherwise, we've made a lot of progress in this room.

Here are the makings of my old office, being renovated into a guest bedroom. The color there on the wall is the same we used on the kitchen cabinets. We have a bed being delivered tomorrow, and I have four or five wall to ceiling shelving units that we bought at IKEA a few weeks ago to put together in here for storing all of Emily's sewing things.



When asked whether she approved of the chaos, Brenna approved with her customary smile.



She is so into this gaping pie-hole smile these days that she's taught me how to do it, as you'll see pictured here.

Stay tuned in the coming days, I have lots of new yard pictures to put on the Hoes blog, and more Brenna pictures from her helping me water plants in the yard.



1 comment:

Darrick & Melanie said...

Wow, you guys. You've been renovating like crazy, and it all looks really, really good. We're so impressed! Can't wait to see it in person.

But we're even more excited to see Brenna! She's insanely cute, gaping piehole and all.