Saturday, July 14, 2007

While I Was Away

Today I finally got around to uploading all of my Hawaii pictures off the camera from my recent trip, and found a number of other random Brenna pictures, probably taken right after I got back. I think Emily and Brenna went to their Aunt Molly's the day I got back into town, and they also went to a Tea Party at the church, welcoming the new pastor's wife to town.

For starters, below is a picture of Brenna sticking her tongue out. She's very fond of blowing spit bubbles these days, and making Indian noises with her hand over her mouth. She's also nailed the Queen's wave when saying hello or goodbye to someone, and is mastering a few new words, including "duck" and "bear". My favorite is still "dada", and I do what I can to get that one to come out any chance I get.

Brenna has a number of new teeth that are trying to push through, and her nights have been pretty rough. Last night Emily and I drove her to sleep at 2 in the morning, got her home at 3, only to end up playing with her until Starbucks opened at 5. We then drove to a local cemetery (no lie) so Brenna could sleep in peace, which she did for another 90 minutes. Emily got absolutely no sleep last night, but hopefully will have a better one this evening.

We also went to the doctor for a 9 month visit, Brenna now weighs 19 lbs and is 27 1/2 inches, both in the 50th percentile. She's still struggling with getting over her leg to crawl, we think she's afraid of busting on her face. She is still holding onto the couch and Emily, and standing (wobbling, really), and she still enjoys any music we play for her.

I will sift through the numerous video clips that Emily took of her in recent weeks and will try to upload some of them soon.






1 comment:

Darrick & Melanie said...

She's so tiny! And I can't get over how light her hair is getting. It's looking red.

Great photos. Definitely need some video of her talking!