Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm In A Car... And I'm Siiingiing!!!

For those of you that have not friended me/us on Facebook, shame on you. You're missing out on lots of pictures, lazily uploaded there for your quick Brenna fix.

For those of you that continue to patiently wait for some nugget of wisdom to come emanating from my mouth, God bless you. I continue to make an effort to post updates here, if anything, to prove to myself that I'm not a one-trick Facebook pony.

Today, kind of on the spur of the moment, we took a ride up to Camp Verde, about two hours from here. I had been wanting to go back to Montezuma's Castle, at the very least, to finally collect a park stamp in my little National Park traveller book that I've had for the last four or five years. Brenna has a similar one, that has every park in it that she's been to since her birth. Hopefully one day she will grow to appreciate having something like that.

At any rate, my hope was that it would be slightly cooler there than here. While it was indeed cooler (92, compared to 106), it was very sticky, and despite the shade on the interpretive trail, it was pretty nasty. Needless to say, we paid an average of a dollar a minute for how long we were there, versus our admittance fee. If you venture over to Lazytown, aka, Facebook, you'll see some other trip related pictures, but only here, for our rabid blog followers, will you be able to witness our small child bellowing to one of her Glee CDs, while we rode back home this afternoon.

First, a token picture of our destination.





And secondly, what you came here for. Here she is, warming up to whatever song was playing for the hundredth time in a row. Something about loving someone and mashed potatoes, I'm not sure, it all runs together to me.






Despite the traffic lights request that she cease and desist, Brenna soldiers on, slowly moving to the climax of said re-baked song.




Yes! We're almost at the finale. Hands triumphantly waving, it's just a matter of time before that last note is struck, and I can enjoy the two seconds of silence before the next remake that didn't ever need to exist begins.




And there it is. Ladies and gentleman, a star is born. I'd never be allowed out of the house again if I was caught doing this to a Voivod (still the greatest Canadian heavy metal band to walk the earth) song, whilst in the car with the family; but if the small child can get away with it, perhaps I can as well. Dare to dream.


1 comment:

grandma becky said...

Tom, you sing out, if that is what you want to do!!! I love these pictures. Brenna gives her all to her art, whether it is singing or dancing. And anything from Glee is necessary, in a very profound way. Thanks for the pictures.