Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Unfortunate Fluke

Back From The Beyond
(Or An Unfortunate Fluke)

...And this is what you get when I'm sleepless in Birmingham, the first blog attempt in eight months.  

A lot has happened since I was last here, and thanks to Facebook, you've probably already seen what our now six year old has been up to since April.   What I do happen to have with me on my work laptop, however, are a few pictures of where we've been, specifically over this past summer, strangely allowing me to pick up where I last left off.

In May I was fortunate enough to spend a week in Casper, Wyoming, including a fun-filled weekend of wandering the town's streets.

In July I was fortunate enough to spend a week in Newark, New Jersey, including watching an Indiana Jones movie marathon on my laptop from a hotel room on the 4th.  

The family took a trip to Tucson in July, where we went to the Air & Space Museum.  

In October and November I got to go back to Newark, spending more time in hotel rooms on the weekend.

In December we celebrated the holidays with family in Arizona, and in Tennessee.

I've concluded by 2012 year in review with no pictures as it would appear that this website has "improved" it's blogging interface, no longer allowing the end user to upload photos from a computer hard drive.   There are other useful options like uploading photos directly from a phone, and from the blog itself (why?), but no option to upload from my laptop's drive.  

With that, and when time permits, unless I can figure out where this necessary option now resides, I'm going to have to find another place to continue on with this effort.  

No comments: