Monday, September 21, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

Celebrating the beginning of Fall, we'll be dipping below the old 100 degree mark for a high tomorrow, and it looks like we'll stay below it for the next 10 days. Whoopity do. Elsewhere the leaves are changing, people are breaking out their Bill Cosby sweaters, and I'm still dragging a hose around the yard, sweating like a dog keeping the jungle alive. Very thankful for the rain we had about two weeks ago, but as it goes here in the desert, it may be Thanksgiving before we see any more. That gives me plenty of time to put more gutters and rain barrels around the house, in an effort to hoard every drop of rain that drips off the house for future use. Ah, but I digress.

We haven't been taking many pictures of Brenna lately, she commands the camera and wants to take pictures of us instead, so what we get these days is few and far between. But here's a new one of her proudly showing off her outfit for church this past Sunday, which she picked out on her own (well, I helped with the safe pick of a white tank top, what else the heck would go with an octopus patterned skirt).

The child has graduated to enjoying talking so much that she now goes off on these rambling discertations about shows she's seen while at Grandma's, and anything else that she feels like talking and/or complaining about. While getting her out of the car this afternoon, for example, she went from marvelling at the boys playing basketball at the park, to making this statement (and I'm paraphrasing, but this was pretty much what came out of her mouth), "When I grow up, I'll be able to go to the park and play basketball... and I WON'T need your help". Well, appreciatation for the game of basketball and a defiant comment all rolled into one, very efficient. I could go on and on about this subject, but then I would be stooping to her level, wouldn't I?

I made an effort to install our camcorder software on our new computer, after digging through countless boxes in our garage, but was thwarted yet again by Windows Vista, which told me it couldn't install the XP supported software. I even went to Sony's website and downloaded the Vista version, was able to install the application, and now can't get it to recognize when the camcorder is attached to the PC. I'm hoping that Windows 7 will be the answers to my prayers, buying it will probably be cheaper than flying to Washington state and pooping on Microsoft's front lawn to express my disgust over this inferior operating system that I was dupped into inheriting with our new computer. Ah, but I digress again. I say of this to express my apologies for the lack of videos of Brenna. I can go on and on about how much she's talking and how funny she is, but I can't do it justice without the video. For now, you'll just have to believe me, and if anyone would like to ship us another PC that's equipped with XP (you can't downgrade from Vista), I'll gladly install our camcorder software on that PC and upload some video for you all.

Enjoy and get it on.


No comments: