Thursday, August 24, 2006


Brenna's Room and Other Assorted Oddities


Let me first start by saying it rained this morning. Glorious, glorious rain. It wasn't much, less than half an inch, but it started around 7 this morning and didn't clear off until noon-ish. It's 92 as I write this, which is a gift from God for this time of year. More about my assorted activities in the rain on the Hoes blog.

I've finally uploaded (or is it downloaded) some pictures off the digital from this past weekend, to give everyone (and by that I mean the 1 or 2 people that might be coming by this site periodically) an idea of how Brenna's room is shaping up.

Obviously the first picture here is me, caught focusing on the task at hand. Those leaves look a lot better than they appear in this picture, Emily has since finished the finer points of filling in the greens, and has outlined them with black magic marker.


Here is the crib area, that huge banana leaf thing will be hanging over from the wall someplace safe. There will also be a glider-rocker kind of thing off to the right of this picture, which Emily's mom, Becky, is re-covering.

Below in the next picture, is Becky sewing the window covering do-thingy (nevermind, you know what I'm talking about).




And for those of you who are too lazy to scroll down on this blog to see the last picture of Emily's ever enlarging belly, the final picture is her from a few days ago, nearing 33 weeks (I think, I'd ask her, but she's still at work putting the church bulletin together).

In other pregnancy news, we've failed to schedule a tour of the hospital Emily will be giving birth at, nor have we packed a bag for the trip, but perhaps we're just being optimistic that Brenna will be right on time and not a day early. I think we'll get these things together this upcoming weekend, especially before I have to go to Bakersfield right after Labor Day for a short (unnecessary) business trip.

2 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

Wow, 33 weeks...where did all that time go? The room looks great!!

Tom, Emily, Brenna said...

Crazy, isn't it? Thanks for checking in, I hope to have more pics posted after this weekend.